Test ordering & client services
Contact Helomics for testing information
Helomics is now part of Predictive Oncology
Testing criteria information
- All samples submitted must be properly labeled with two unique patient identifiers.
- For tumor drug response testing (ChemoFx®) we provide clinical results for gynecologic tumors only. For genomic biomarker testing, we accept all tumor types.
- Our combo kits are fitted with two shipping vials.
- One vial contains media for drug response testing on fresh tissue.
- One vial contains formalin fixative for a sample intended for genomic biomarker testing. We can also perform this testing on slides or FFPE blocks (call us to have this specific kit sent to you).
- We require a preliminary tumor type/diagnosis on the TTR in the kit. We will follow up with the facility for a pathology report if a preliminary report is not available at the time of shipment. The TTR must be signed and accompanied by patient demographic and insurance information (see kit instructions).
- Prior to testing, an order form for each test type will be sent to the ordering physician for selection and signature.
A termination report will be issued to the ordering physician when:
- A specimen is not properly labeled
- A specimen arrives in an unacceptable medium
- The pathology information is either not obtained or not appropriate for testing
- A patient’s demographics and insurance information is not received
- A physician’s order is not completed and signed
- Clients will be contacted as soon as possible for resolution if issues are identified
Tumor drug-response profiling results are available 28–35 days after receipt of the fresh tissue (depending on growth profile of sample) and all required paperwork has been received. Genomic biomarker test results are available 10–14 days after receipt of signed order form. Samples may arrive prior to the order form, but testing will not begin until the order form is received.
Get in touch to order
tests or access client services
Complete the form and we’ll be in touch to facilitate test ordering, or reach out here with questions about an existing or previous test order.